Responsible for registering and assigning rooms to guests, issuing room keys (cards) , transmitting and receiving messages, keeping records of occupied rooms and guest accounts, making and confirming reservations, and presenting statements and collecting payments from departing guest. Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Greet, register, and assign rooms to hotel guests.
- Verify customers’ credit and establish how customer pays for the accommodation.
- Make and confirm reservations.
- Issue room keys.
- Keep record of room availability and guest accounts.
- Compute bills, collect payment and make charge for guest.
- Record guest comments or complaints and refer customers to managers as necessary.
- Advise housekeeping staff when rooms have been vacated and are ready for cleaning.
- Maintains a clean and sanitary work area.
- Handle complaints, settle disputes and resolve grievances and conflicts, referring customers to manager as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma, or equivalent
- At least 1 year of related work experience
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be able to effectively communicate with supervisors, peers and guests
- Must be able to read, write and speak English
- Ability to stand for long periods
- Ability to bend and lift up to 35 lbs.
- Ability to be flexible with hours
- Ability to use and operate a telephone
- Ability to use computers to enter, access or retrieve data
- Ability to obtain a Gaming Registration
- Hotel: 1 year (Preferred)